Box 1

Box 1
STEAM

Box 2

Box 2
Character Education

Box 3

Box 3
Digital Learning

New Blog Design



You know how you kinda like the outfit you picked to wear today, but you've worn it so many times and might just be a little tired of it? That sort of happened to me a few weeks ago. 

I liked my old blog design. I worked with a very talented designer and she designed exactly what I asked for at the time. It was cute. I like cute. Sometimes I like it way too much!

I read a lot of teacher blogs. Always have. I've always enjoyed reaching beyond my classroom and checking out what other teachers are doing and thinking. And so when I tried blogging myself a few years ago, I found that this sharing thing could work well both ways, and maybe I have a thought or two that might help another teacher. I've enjoyed the blogging journey so far!

I've been noticing for awhile that many of the blogs I read regularly have taken on a clean new look. Lots of white background, moving images of posts, and a more modern look in general. I was discouraged to find that most of them have been created on Wordpress rather than Blogger, and I am definitely not in the mood to learn a whole new format right now. When I'm ready to share my thoughts with you, I want it to flow easily between us. For me, that means staying with Blogger for now. Sigh. No new clean and white look for me. No moving slides of my posts.

Then, I noticed my friend Tracy's blog (Wild Child's Mossy Oak Musings - if you haven't checked it out yet, you should - It's all kinds of amazing!) Hmmm....sliding images, clean modern feel.... Wait! Can this happen on Blogger? 

Immediate text to Tracy: "I LOVE your blog!!!!! How?!?!"
Tracy: "Rachel Vincent designed it for me with Blogger! Here's her info:"
Me: "I don't know... I paid a lot for my blog design. Do I want to do that again?" 
Tracy: "Rachel's rates are so reasonable. You can't afford to wait!"
Me: (The way I often shop. Ask my hubby.) "You're right! I need to do this now!"

And blogger friends, I've got to tell you it was an amazingly good decision! I feel like a kid who has just opened the most fabulous present ever! I'm surprised that I'm even writing a post today because honestly, all I can do is click on the link to my blog and stare at it with a smile on my face. I love everything about it. Rachel has taken all the cutesy stuff I love: rainbows, flowers, hearts, watercolors, and clouds and given it all a clean and modern feel. I am in love! It was a little hard to lose the polka dots. I love polka dots. The little dabs of paint on my blog button are kinda polka dotty, but not really. The total package has made me so happy! 


And as always, I am not telling anyone to run out and resign your blog. But of all my impulse buys, this is not a dress with the price tag still attached a year later. This one is a keeper! Thank you Rachel! 

Here's her link in case you are also falling in love with Rainbow City Learning's new look! (If you are, by the way, please look to your right and follow me! I promise lots of good stuff is coming up soon and you don't want to miss it! I just can't stay away from here!




3 comments