Box 1

Box 1
STEAM

Box 2

Box 2
Character Education

Box 3

Box 3
Digital Learning

Memories of Lessons Learned


     It all started at the end of the school year. My students were helping me take down our posters and displays, and they were clamoring for the quote posters that were hanging over my desk.

      I have quoted Maya Angelou to my students for more years than I can remember.  Her unique perspective on life has so often described to perfection exactly what I was trying to encourage in my students.  Just about anyone who has ever spent time in my classroom, upon hearing, "When you know better..." will respond with, "You do better!"  This year, I made some colorful posters of some of her wisdom to share on the bulletin board above my desk, to inspire my students and myself.  The huge demand for those posters in particular took me by surprise as I divvied up the memories with my kids during the biggest cleanup of all! I retired at the end of this year, so everything was up for grabs!     

      I couldn’t decide how to fairly share the posters. I could place them in my end of year auction, I could pull student names or numbers at random, or…. Wait! I had an idea! I would make all of the Maya Angelou quotes (the most popular) into miniposters. I came home and got to work. Since there were three Angelou quotes on the board, I added a fourth and this product was born!

      I was so excited to share the miniposters with all who wanted them to display in their bedrooms or scrapbooks. While printing the posters, I remembered that I needed thank you notes for all of the end of year teacher gifts that I had received, and decided to make note cards out of my favorite quote.

      Then I started to think that all of the quotes would make great note cards to use throughout the year to let a student know that a change in attitude or behavior, an act of kindness, or reaching for a goal was noticed. This is how my little overnight miniposter project grew to include full size posters, miniposters, and notecards, both printed and blank, in full color and grayscale.

      I hope you will love sharing this resource with your class as much as I have loved sharing it with mine!  For a FREE sample of this newest resource from Rainbow City Learning, click here:

Maya Angelou Miniposters


     As you prepare for a bright and shiny new school year, click here to add the full resource to your toolkit:

 Maya Angelou Notes, Quotes, Posters, and Cards


For more free ideas as you stock up this summer weekend, click here!
The Primary Gal

And teachers, remember that you are always a rainbow in someone's cloud!
      

No comments