Box 1

Box 1
STEAM

Box 2

Box 2
Character Education

Box 3

Box 3
Digital Learning

A Rock Star Finish


      It was a star-studded week during the final week of class in Rainbow City! Rock Star Students walked the red carpet to receive praise for a job well done! Rock Star Students are those who live up their promise in academics and behavior every day in school. I used my Rock Star Student Reward Cards all year in class to reinforce the positive behaviors that lead to success as a student. Students collected these cute little cards on a special page in their data folders.
    As the year wound down, it was time to reward students with a red carpet event! The total rock stars who earned every card, spelling out ROCK STAR, received handmade trophy awards, while every student in my class received a certificate and a compliment card. It wasn’t hard to think of a reason to recognize every student in my class this year.





    Here’s how I did it:

    To prep for the big event:
      *Purchased balloon weights and star wire garlands (available in  
       craft stores, dollar stores, and card shops).      
    *I printed, laminated, and cut the star awards.
       *I Cut one garland of star wire into nine inch lengths for each 
        award. Next I twisted each strand around the top of
        the balloon weight and attached the star award to the star  
        wire with clear tape.
       * I printed and personalized a certificate for every child in my 
         class.
       * I printed and cut apart a class set of compliment fan cards.
       
      On the big day:
    I had each student in my class randomly select another student  
       to write a compliment fan card for.
          
    To get the party started:
        *Decided to forgo snacks for this one because kids were already
         getting sugared up by all the other extracurricular clubs and 
         summer birthday kids offering ice cream, pizza, cookies,  
         cupcakes, and candy.



     *I rolled out the red carpet! (I used red roll craft paper. Fabric  
        can also be used.)
      *I first called each Rock Star Student in turn to walk the red   
       carpet and receive an award and a certificate. I made a short
       impromptu speech about something specific that makes this
       student a rock star and then had the holder of the compliment card
       for that student add their sweet comment.
      *Snapped a picture of the awardee to send to parents.
      *Awarded certificates and compliment cards to all remaining  
       students. Everyone had at least one shining
        moment to recall!

    It was a perfect finish to a close to perfect year! My students really were motivated to work for those Rock Star Student cards all year, and our reward ceremony provided the grand finale. I am so excited to share the awards resource with you for free this weekend, and hope you will take a look at my Rock Star Students Resource as you stock up for the new school year ahead!

  
                                          Click to get your free Awards resource!          
   

                         To get a head start on next year's positive behavior plan, Click here:

                                                  Rock Star Students


Rock on, teachers!   

No comments